Monday, December 14, 2009

Great Day!


This past weekend my friends and I went into New York City. We decided to take the trip in rather than exchanging Christmas gifts this year. Christmas gifts are fun to exchange but it is not worth the hassle of deciding what to get everyone or spending all of that money! So instead we went out to lunch! The restaurant we chose to go to was in the Greenwich village area of the city. The name of it was Sweetiepie. It was a child-themed restaurant with colorful paintings, fun straws, and mocktails. Mocktails are fun, colorful drinks that do not have any alcohol in them so children can drink them. The entrees were all foods that children typically enjoy. Some of the choices were macaroni and cheese, sliders, pancakes, and chicken nuggets. All of the choices sounds great so my friends and I had a difficult time making our decision! The food came out very quickly and we were all happy with our choices, it was delicious. After we all finished our meal we decided we were going to get dessert. The restaurant makes their own ice cream so we couldn't refuse! My friend Stephanie and I both got a trio of ice cream cones while some got cups of ice creams and others got milkshakes! The whole experience was wonderful and I would recommend Sweetiepie to anyone!

Vocabulary

1. exchange- to give and receive something with another person.

2. Greenwich Village- section of New York City in lower Manhattan.
3. entree- dish served as the main course of a meal.

4. sliders- mini hamburgers served as a meal.

5. refuse- to decline.

6. trio- a group of three.

Activity
1. There are many different sections of New York City, one part is called ____________.
2. I _________ to go outside because it is so cold!
3. The _________ of girls that I saw walking down the block were actually triplets.
4. I love to _________ gifts with my family during the Christmas season!
5. I can not __________ pizza because it is so good!
6. After the appetizer comes the __________.

Grammar

This paragraph is all written using the past tense of verbs. One clue that this event happened in the past is that it begins with the phrase "this past weekend". Some of the past tense verbs that were used are had, decided, came, finished, and chose. Write a paragraph describing an activity you did over the weekend! Include as many past tense verbs as possible! Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my kind of restaurant. Home-made ice cream you say!?

    ReplyDelete