Monday, December 7, 2009

Mommy For a Weekend!


About two months ago I was asked to babysit for a family friend. I usually babysit for this family but they were asking for much more! They wanted to go away for their anniversary and asked if I would watch their kids for four days! I agreed because I couldn't pass up the money. I got to the house on Thursday and left on Sunday afternoon. The children I babysat were all boys who are 5, 2, and 3...AKA a tough crowd! When I arrived I only had the two little ones because the older boy was at school. We ran some errands, had lunch, and then went to feed the ducks at the local park. My plan was to keep them as busy as possible! When the older boy finally returned home from school we played some games, had dinner, and finally went off to bed. Thursday was a breeze and I was hoping the rest of the weekend would go just as smoothly but I wasn't so sure! As it turns out I woke up with two of them in my bed because the little one had thrown up in his bed! UGH! I was determined to improve the day so we had a nice pancake breakfast and sent the two older ones to school while the little one slept off his sickness. Luckily by the afternoon he was back to old self so we decided to go over to a friends' house for dinner. Saturday brought more bad news, it was pouring rain! We made the best of it, watched some movies, had lunch, and went over to their grandparents' house. The day went pretty smoothly! Sunday was not so bad either and it was even better that their grandparents took over two hours early!!! After this experience it will be a long time until I have children of my own!





Vocabulary

1. babysit- to take care of someone else's children while they are away.

2. anniversary- a day that celebrates a past celebration on the same day every year.

3. tough crowd- American saying that means it is a hard group of people to control.

4. errands- a short trip in order to perform a specific task, for example; going to the post office or the supermarket.

5. was a breeze- American saying meaning it was an easy task to complete.

6. pouring rain- American saying that means it was raining very hard.

7. experience- living through an event, can be positive or negative.

Activity


1. Everything in the yard was soaking wet because it was __________all day!


2. I had to run so many ________ after school, I had to go to the mall, the grocery store, and the doctor.


3. The boys did not behave, they were a _________!


4. The spelling activity __________, everyone finished it so quickly!


5. The _________ of my parents' wedding comes around once a year.


6. I had such a great __________when I went to Disney World for a week.


7. When parents go away they usually hire someone to _________their children.
Grammar Point


Notice the sequence of the story. It uses days of the week to organize the story from start to finish. Try to write your own story using days of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Yuck! You had to clean up the sheets.

    It sounds as if you did well enough though.

    ReplyDelete